Dimensions of Global Learning
IUPUI Dimensions of Global Learning
Developing Global Mindsets for all IUPUI Students
The IUPUI Dimensions of Global Learning are designed as a tool for faculty, staff, and administrators to help them develop more intentionally global and intercultural learning experiences across the curriculum and co-curriculum.
The IUPUI Dimensions of Global Learning represent a vital step in achieving IUPUI’s goal to:
Develop curricular and co-curricular activities that enable all IUPUI students to have at least one substantial global learning experience during his or her IUPUI career, either internationally or locally.
With a global mindset, IUPUI students will be able to:
- Analyze their own beliefs, values, assumptions, experiences, and/or communication styles in respect to those of at least one other culture.
- Practice intercultural communication with the intent of cultivating respectful and productive collaboration, dialogue, and engagement with others.
- Demonstrate understanding of the workings of other nations, cultures, and/or the geopolitical processes and systems that connect the world.
- Explain the global, international, and/or cultural dimensions of their disciplines, professions, and/or educational interests.
- Summarize the consequences of policies, global systems, and/or historical trends for people as well as how people the world over impact these processes.
- Incorporate diverse perspectives and sources of knowledge to analyze, evaluate, and/or address contemporary and historical global problems.
- Apply learning from internationalized experiences in the communities and contexts in which they live, work, learn, and/or serve.
- Use ethical and inclusive frameworks to inform decision-making, cross-cultural teamwork, and/or solutions to global and local problems and inequities.