Funding for Student Organizations
Fund your cultural event with support from the International Programming Grant
Your IUPUI student organization can apply for up to $500 from the International Programming Grant (IPG) to enhance international events on campus. We offer this funding for events that:
- Promote international understanding or enhance knowledge of an international issue or culture;
- Facilitate bringing two or more cultures together; or
- Enhance participation in IUPUI's annual International Festival.
Events must be open to all IUPUI students and broadly promoted to the campus community.
What can I apply for?
Two funding categories are available:
- Grant Category A: Up to $100–Recommended for smaller events or to enhance participation in campus-wide events (such as the International Festival)
- Grant Category B: Up to $500–Recommended for large events, conferences, and/or events co-sponsored with another student organization
Funding can support only expenses related to food and materials such as printing, posters, event-related rentals, costumes
How do I apply?
Make sure your event is eligible for funding:
- All successful proposals must adhere to the Office of Student Involvement statements on IUPUI policy for registered student organizations and events. Full details can be found at the Division of Student Affairs.
- The proposed event/program must be open to all IUPUI students and must abide by the non-discrimination policy: Events and programs must be open to students without regard to arbitrary consideration of such characteristics as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Complete proposals must be submitted with sufficient time for the scope of your event. Special requests such as, catering, purchase orders, food licenses and other special arrangements could take 30 days or more. We want your event to run as smooth as possible so please plan well in advance. You cannot apply to retroactively fund an event that has already occurred.
- All print and web marketing for a funded program or event must include the Office of International Affairs provided logo and the following language: "Funded by the International Programming Grant, IUPUI Office of International Affairs" with a link to IPG Funding.
Funds can be used for:
- Food purchased through IUPUI Food Services
- Food purchased through an outside vendor (note food guidelines below)
- Materials such as display boards, flags, costumes, decorations, publicity, etc.
- To pay fees or compensation for services of an IUPUI approved vendor with a valid federal tax ID number (ex: AV rental, DJs, professional performers)
Funds CANNOT be used for:
- Anything that violates university policy
- Field trips off campus
- Conference attendance fees off campus
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gifts of any kind
- Cash or items that can be converted to cash, i.e. gift cards
- Charitable donations
- Salaries or wages to University faculty, staff or students
- Honoraria to University faculty, staff or students
- Personal subscriptions or memberships
- Support of political campaigns or organizations (lobbying or other activities designed to influence legislation)
- Support of litigation against Indiana University
- Any purchase in violation of Indiana University policy
- Fundraising events
Funding is either by direct payment to a vendor via purchase order or reimbursement to an individual for expenses incurred. Procedures for both methods follow. In addition, see Food section below if food will be served.
Purchase Order (Preferred Payment Method):
This process ensures the purchase and vendor is approved by the University's Purchasing Department.
- No later than 10 business days before the event submit a written (or electronic) quotation or estimate from the vendor to OIA's administrative office.
- OIA's administrative office will process it as a purchase order (an invoice can be submitted instead of a quote/estimate).
- Do not sign or approve contracts or agreements submitted by the vendor.
- Only University Purchasing Department staff are authorized to do so.
- If the vendor requests a signature, submit the document(s) to OIA's administrative office who will forward them to Purchasing for approval.
- In rare instances Purchasing may ask that a different vendor is used.
- If that occurs, OIA's administrative office will inform the student contact to discuss alternatives.
- If payment cannot be processed via purchase order, pay for the service/items and submit receipt(s) for reimbursement to OIA within 30 days of your event.
- The following documentation is required:
- An original itemized receipt which shows proof of payment.
- An itemized receipt must include the merchant or vendor name, date of service, each service received or item purchased, and amount of each service or item.
- For any non-food purchases submission of Indiana University's Sales Tax Exempt Certificate to vendor is required (so state sales tax will not be calculated on the purchase).
- The use of personal rewards club discount cards/numbers, i.e. store loyalty cards, etc. is not allowed (even if the use of the card results in a reduced price).
If food is served, you must complete and submit OIA's hospitality form to OIA's administrative office before the event. Organizations now can use outside food vendors, but food purchased for an event must:
- Follow IU Environmental Health and Safety food policies;
- In some cases, organizations may need to register their event with the Marion County Public Health Department as a Temporary Event (must register 30 days prior to event and pay $40);
- Register their event using thespot.iupui.edu
- If using IUPUI Food Services, payment will be processed via purchase order. Follow Purchase Order procedures as outlined above.
An evaluation must be submitted with in 30 days following your event. Your organization will not be eligible for future IPG funding if you do not submit an evaluation.
THE CURRENT CYCLE OF GRANT APPLICATIONS HAS CLOSED.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.