Find your best housing option, on campus or in Indianapolis
Indianapolis housing has a variety of prices, locations, and features. Whether you want to live in IUPUI housing or off campus, make sure to arrange your housing early. Students should look for housing as soon as possible after they are admitted.
Many Housing Options
- On-campus housing is a convenient option for students, and includes social programs and academic support. Apply for housing by March 15, to be placed on the priority consideration list for on-campus housing.
- Off-campus housing includes several options near campus, and can be an economical option.
- International House is an on-campus residence for students from around the world who are interested in global issues.
- Live with an American host to have a special experience that can also be very affordable.
Consider These Questions
- Do you prefer to live on campus or off campus? If you want to live off campus, how close to campus do you want to be?
- How much money do you want to spend?
- Do housing costs include electricity and other utilities? If you will pay for utilities separately, how much will you have to pay per month?
- Do you want to live by yourself or with others?
- Are there other people from your country whom you could live with or who could help you find housing?
- Is the housing furnished, or will you have to supply your own furniture?
If you arrive at a time when you cannot move into your housing (for example, if you arrive on campus before move-in day) you will need to stay at a hotel. The Office of Campus Visits offers some helpful resources for IUPUI visitors looking for nearby hotels.
Start Your Housing Search: Quick Tips!
- Choose the part of the IUPUI campus map you might like to live near.
- Familiarize yourself with all the housing options IUPUI has to offer.
- Search for roommates or open room options.
- Secure Temporary Accommodations/Short Term Housing if you will arrive in Indianapolis before you can move into your housing.