Training & Workshops
We offer free, customized training to the IUPUI community on global topics
We believe deeply in the importance of intercultural communication and the power of global learning. As IUPUI increasingly becomes a global campus, our community needs skills to collaborate across cultures and embrace differences.
We have expert faculty and staff that can offer training in the areas below.
Global and Intercultural Training Available
In most cases, training is offered on demand to be specifically adapted to your needs and critical issues. Common topics include:
- Intercultural communication and sensitivity
- Communicating with non-native speakers of English
- Supporting and advising international students
- Building an international curriculum for students
- Using international videoconferencing to enhance learning
As part of training, OIA staff can facilitate exercises, such as ACIREMA, and discussions. We can also draw from our international student and scholar community to share their unique perspectives.
Study Abroad Training
Study abroad workshops are offered each semester and can also be scheduled on demand. Topics include:
- Developing a Study Abroad Program
- Study Abroad 101 for Advisors, Faculty and Staff
- Funding Your International Student Experience
- Pre-Departure Orientation with travel and cultural preparations