Sponsor Resources

We recognize that international sponsored students have an additional network of support. This webpage has been designed to help provide resources for a variety of needs, as well as answers to the most commonly asked questions. Thank you for your efforts in helping our current and future students!


  • One contact person for all issues and questions
  • Application assistance
  • Specialized orientation session for sponsored students
  • Liaise between Office of the Bursar, student, and sponsor on financial matters
  • Liaise with academic departments to meet sponsor requirements
  • Agreement processing for new partners
  • Waivers for health insurance and program deposits
  • Enrollment verification
  • Transcript dispersal to sponsors, upon request
  • Coordinate campus visits for sponsors
  • Request materials about IUPUI, including scholarship opportunities and application information
  • Request a webinar - Our admission counselors can talk virtually about admissions and opportunities at IUPUI

Forms and Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Will students earn an IUPUI degree?

    Students will earn an Indiana Universty (IU) or a Purdue University degree. If a major is an IU program, like Management or Finance, then the degree is granted by IU and their diploma will say Indiana University on it. Similarly, Purdue programs like Motorsports Engineering or Biology will grant a Purdue University degree and diploma.

  • My organization provides insurance. Is IUPUI's insurance required?

    If your students have comparable insurance to IUPUI’s, they could be eligible for an insurance exemption. New sponsors will need to submit the details of their insurance in order for it to be reviewed. If the insurance is approved, our Sponsored Student Manager will place an exemption code on the student records to prevent them from being billed for IUPUI's insurance.

  • What immunizations are required?

    You can view a list of all required immunizations here. Any submitted forms need an English translation.

  • Is there an emergency number?

    For emergencies during normal business hours in the United States (8am - 5pm EST), contact Jane Talla at 317-278-4880.

    For emergencies during all other times, it is best to contact the IUPUI Police Department.  They can be reached at 317-274-7911.  They will contact the Office of International Affairs as necessary.

  • My student needs help with their visa. Who do we contact?

    We have an experienced immigration advising team within the Office of International Affairs. They handle all questions and issues related to student visas. Current sponsored students should email iadvisor@iupui.edu to receive assistance.

  • We need to acquire university verification of enrollment. Who can I contact?

    Email Jane Talla at jtalla@iupui.edu to receive assistance with this request.

  • What should my students bring to Indianapolis?

    Advise students to review this website to determine what to pack for life in Indianapolis.

  • What academic resources are available on-campus?

    IUPUI has a variety of resources for students:

  • Can sponsored students live on-campus?

    Yes, we have traditional dorm rooms, apartment style units, and living-learning communities (such as the International House) where you live with students who have a shared interest. On-campus housing is limited, so it is important to apply as early as possible. Learn more.

    Students are also welcome to live off-campus in one of the many apartments or houses for rent near campus. Learn more.

  • My student needs a transcript. How can we obtain one?

    If your student needs an official transcript, they can follow the procedures at https://transcript.iu.edu/.  The cost for an official transcript is $10.00.  Also, you or your student can reach out to the Sponsored Student Manager for an unofficial copy at no cost.