Grants for Faculty & Staff
Find funding for your international projects and research
OIA, IUPUI, and Indiana University offer a variety of grants to fund international education and projects. We also help faculty and staff explore external grants, such as the Fulbright.
1. Research Funding
- International Partnership Development Fund – Research funding administered by OIA
- President's International Research Awards (PIRA) – Research funding administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research
- Fulbright Grants – Federally funded programs for teaching, research, collaboration, and more in 125 countries
2. Creating Global Learning Opportunities for Students
- Overseas Study Program Development Grants – Funding for IU faculty members to develop new overseas study programs
- RISE Course Development Grants - Support to develop or redesign a course in line with IUPUI’s RISE criteria.
- RISE e-Portfolio Grants – Develop a RISE course that includes a reflective electronic portfolio or electronic Personal Development Plan
- Professional Development & Conference Attendance – Partial support for faculty attending ICCI and AACU conferences; Contact Leslie Bozeman for information
3. Partnership Funding
- International Partnership Development Fund – research funding administered by OIA
- IU Global Gateway Seed Grants – Matching funding for research and activities taking place at an IU Global Gateway office abroad
- Global Engagement Award – Recognizes organizations abroad providing international experiences
- IU Faculty Exchange Programs
- International Short-term Visitors Grants
4. International Conference Travel
- Language Learning Grants – Up to $5,000 for IU faculty to acquire new language capability necessary for carrying out a planned research activity or to enhance teaching, or engage in other university-related activities
In some cases, discretionary funding may be available through the Office of International Affairs for activities that advance international strategic priorities for the IUPUI campus.