Grants for Faculty & Staff
Find funding for your international projects and research
OIA, IUPUI, and Indiana University offer a variety of grants to fund international education and projects. We also help faculty and staff explore external grants, such as the Fulbright.
1. Research Funding
- International Research Development Fund (IRDF) – Grants to enhance research and scholarly activity through the IUPUI Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- International Partnership Development Fund – Research funding administered by OIA
- Fulbright Grants – Federally funded programs for teaching, research, collaboration, and more in 125 countries
2. Creating Global Learning Opportunities for Students
- Overseas Study Program Development Grants – Funding for IU faculty members to develop new overseas study programs
- RISE Course Development Grants - Support to develop or redesign a course in line with IUPUI’s RISE criteria.
- RISE e-Portfolio Grants – Develop a RISE course that include a reflective electronic portfolio or electronic Personal Development Plan
- Professional Development & Conference Attendance – Partial support for faculty attending ICCI and AACU conferences; Contact Leslie Bozeman for information
3. Partnership Funding
- International Partnership Development Fund – research funding administered by OIA
- IU Global Gateway Seed Grants – Matching funding for research and activities taking place at an IU Global Gateway office abroad
- Global Engagement Award – Recognizes organizations abroad providing international experiences
- IU Faculty Exchange Programs
- International Short-term Visitors Grants
4. Travel Grants
- Faculty and Staff Undergraduate Recruitment Travel Grant – Up to $1,000 to support travel for undergraduate student recruitment; Contact Kate Dobson for information
- OVPIA Overseas Conference Grant
In some cases, discretionary funding may be available through the Office of International Affairs for activities that advance international strategic priorities for the IUPUI campus.
Contact us to learn more