International Student Emergency Funding (COVID-19)
International Student Application for Emergency Funding (COVID-19)
Are you experiencing a financial challenge as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation? Do you need assistance with basic needs or the unexpected costs of online learning? Are you nearing graduation and facing an unexpected financial challenge? IUPUI offers emergency grant and loan funding to eligible international students facing these situations.
Please read all the information below before submitting your application.
If you are an IUPUI graduate or undergraduate student from abroad on an F-1 or J-1 visa, you may apply for grant or loan assistance if you meet the following requirements:
- Be able to document unexpected financial challenges as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This financial need must have developed after starting your academic program. (In other words, you must have had sufficient funding when starting your program, as demonstrated in your financial documentation.)
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program. (Please note that we are unable to consider students in certificate programs at this time.)
- Must be maintaining legal F-1 or J-1 student visa status and enrolled at least 1/2 time.
- Must be assessed tuition at the non-resident rate.
How am I selected for an award?
Preference is given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an unexpected financial challenge as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in their application and supporting documents.
- Need assistance with basic needs or the unexpected costs of online learning technology or internet.
- Nearing graduation. Priority of applications is assigned in the following order: undergraduate students, master's level students, PhD and Professional level students (MD, JD, DDS).
These criteria will be used by a committee to determine grant and loan awards. Additional information may requested in order to make a decision on your application. Decisions are typically made within one week once all application documents are received. Any award will be applied to your Bursar account.
How Much Will I Be Awarded?
The amount of the award varies according to the financial need of the student. We try to meet the needs of individual students while providing emergency assistance to as many as possible. We encourage you to consider this emergency funding along with other ways to meet your needs.