ACE Internationalization Laboratory
In coordination with the strategic planning process IUPUI launched fall 2012, our campus is participating in a two-year planning process with the American Council on Education's (ACE) Internationalization Laboratory, 2012-2014. An interim report was prepared March 2014. Download a copy of the report here.
The Internationalization Laboratory is an invitational learning community of the American Council on Education that assists participating colleges and universities to achieve comprehensive internationalization. The primary goals are for ACE to guide the processes of reviewing the array of international activities; articulating student learning goals for international learning; assessing progress towards those goals; and developing a strategic plan to broaden and deepen internationalization.
IUPUI's planning began in October 2012 with a visit by ACE's Dr. Barbara Hill, Senior Associate for Internationalization and Brad Farnsworth, Director of the Center for Internationalization and Global Engagement.
After meetings with campus and community stakeholders, the Internationalization Task Force submitted a report outlining transformative strategic recommendations in March 2013.
The American Council on Education has worked with several cohorts of universities over the past 10 years to guide them on their path toward comprehensive internationalization. IUPUI participated in 2004, shortly after Susan Sutton was appointed Associate Dean for International Affairs. The result was a set of International Learning Guidelines published in 2006.
Since that time, the campus has grown and changed considerably and IUPUI's international identity has matured; the campus is now recognized as a leader in comprehensive international partnerships.
- Internationalization at IUPUI
- IUPUI Office of International Affairs Ten-Year Report
- IUPUI's Submission for the Heiskell Award
- IUPUI's Submission for the Senator Paul Simon Award
- Last Lecture: Oner Yurtseven (video) (April 2013)
- "Immigration Facts on Foreign Students," Brookings (April 2013)
- "Internationalisation in European higher education: European policies, institutional strategies and EUA support," European University Association (April 2013)
- Opening Remarks, Global Institute (March 2013)
- Succeeding Globally Through International Education and Engagement: the U.S. Department of Education's International Strategy for 2012-16 (November 2012)