Grant Statement of Purpose:
This grant has been established by the Office of International Affairs for the purpose of supporting activities and programming by IUPUI student groups that do the following:
- Promote, enhance knowledge, and/or develop understanding of an international issue or a particular culture;
- Facilitate bringing two or more cultures together;
- Enhance participation in the IUPUI International Festival
Examples could include putting on an internationally-focused event, purchasing internationally-related film/media or materials for an event, etc.
Grant Category A Up to $100 – recommended for smaller events or to enhance participation in campus-wide events
Grant Category B Up to $500 – recommended for large events, conferences, and/or events co-sponsored with another student organization
For either category, the program will support expenses related to food and materials purchase. Funding for other types of expenses permitted by university policy should be requested through other student organization funding programs.
- The grant is open to all student organizations, groups, and clubs. They do not need to be a registered student organization with the Office of Student Involvement; however, an explanation as to why they are not registered will be requested on the application form.
- Applicants must complete all sections of the grant application (including signatures). Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Please include any supplemental materials (flyer draft, letters of support, etc.).
- You may add additional pages to the budget if you require more space.
- Please send electronically in pdf format to email@example.com
There are two opportunities in the 2012 calendar year for submission: January 27 and October 1 (deadline extended to October 8!). Please email your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered.
- All successful proposals must adhere to the Office of Student Involvement statements on IUPUI policy for registered student organizations and events. Full details can be found at: http://life.iupui.edu/osi/student-orgs/policies.
- The proposed event/purchase must be open to all IUPUI students.
Student organizations must abide by the non-discrimination policy: Events and programs must be open to students without regard to arbitrary consideration of such characteristics as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Complete proposals must be submitted to the OIA Funding Committee with sufficient time for the scope of your event. Special catering requests, purchase orders, and other special arrangements could take 30 days or more. Please plan well in advance.
- All print and web marketing for a funded program or event must include the provided logo and the following language: “Funded by the International Programming Grant, IUPUI Office of International Affairs” with a link to http://www.international.iupui.edu/funding/ipg
- Attendance must be taken at the event by using a sign-in sheet (download a sign-in sheet). After event completion, an evaluation needs to be submitted for the event. No new proposals will be reviewed until the evaluation and sign-in sheet have been submitted.
Allocations can be:
- Food purchased through IUPUI Food Services or food purchased through an outside vendor provided the total budget for food does not equal more than $100.00 and must meet OSI guidelines and restrictions;
- Materials such as display boards, flags, costumes, decorations, etc.
Allocations CANNOT be:
- Non-food or non-material expenses;
- In violation of the university policy
These guidelines will assist you in following OIA and University policies and procedures to ensure payment is made for your event or program.
Funding is either by direct payment to a vendor via purchase order or reimbursement to an individual for expenses incurred. Procedures for both methods follow. In addition, see Food section below if food will be served.
Purchase Order (Preferred Payment Method):
This process ensures the purchase and vendor is approved by the University’s Purchasing Department.
- No later than 10 business days before the event submit a written (or electronic) quotation or estimate from the vendor to OIA’s administrative office.
- OIA’s administrative office will process it as a purchase order (an invoice can be submitted instead of a quote/estimate).
- Do not sign or approve contracts or agreements submitted by the vendor.
- Only University Purchasing Department staff are authorized to do so.
- If the vendor requests a signature, submit the document(s) to OIA’s administrative office who will forward them to Purchasing for approval.
- In rare instances Purchasing may ask that a different vendor is used.
- If that occurs, OIA’s administrative office will inform the student contact to discuss alternatives.
- If payment cannot be processed via purchase order, pay for the service/items and submit receipt(s) for reimbursement.
- The following documentation is required:
- An original itemized receipt.
- An itemized receipt must include the merchant or vendor name, date of service, each service received or item purchased, and amount of each service or item. (See example).
- For any non-food purchases submission of Indiana University’s Sales Tax Exempt Certificate to vendor is required (so state sales tax will not be calculated on the purchase).
- The Certificate is located at http://www.indiana.edu/~purchase/resources/pdf/exemption.pdf.
- The use of personal rewards club discount cards/numbers, i.e. store loyalty cards, etc. is not allowed (even if the use of the card results in a reduced price).
If food is served, you must complete and submit OIA’s hospitality form to OIA’s administrative office before the event. Food purchased for an event must:
- Follow University food policies located at http://food.iupui.edu/catering;
- Use IUPUI Food Services for events on campus;
- Exception - if food is less than $100 other sources may be used.
- Exception - if event is in one of the following campus building locations other sources may be used: IU, Riley, Wishard and VA Hospitals; the Ronald McDonald House; Ball Residence; Campus Apartments and the Center for Young Children.
- If using IUPUI Food Services, payment will be processed via purchase order;
- Follow Purchase Order procedures as outlined above;
- A list of attendees must be submitted to OIA’s administrative office after the event
University funds cannot be used for the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gifts of any kind (excluding non-cash gifts of nominal value (less than $25), i.e. speaker gift of an IUPUI mug or similar item)
- Cash or items that can be converted to cash, i.e. gift cards
- Charitable donations
- Salaries or wages to University faculty, staff or students
- Honoraria to University faculty, staff or students
- Personal subscriptions or memberships
- Support of political campaigns or organizations (lobbying or other activities designed to influence legislation)
- Support of litigation against Indiana University
- Any purchase in violation of Indiana University policy
Education/Social Work (ES) Building
(Campus mail address: ES 2126)