Several internal grants are available on a competitive basis. Information on several IU funding programs can be obtained at the Office of the Vice President for International Affairs.
You can also download a partial list of opportunities at IU and IUPUI.
Other internal funding opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- International Development Fund: up to $15,000 is available for development of projects/initiatives in international areas. Ideally, the IDF grant serves as venture capital to stimulate additional funding for international activities from extramural sources, which provide indirect costs. http://research.iupui.edu/funding/
- Overseas Sabbatical or Project Study Grant: Funding up to $3000 is available to support ongoing development of existing agreements.
- Grant-in-Aid for Research. Seed monies up to a maximum of $3,000 can be requested to start up or supplement ongoing research projects. Funds cannot be used for faculty salaries. The goal is to provide funds that permit the testing of an idea that holds potential for support through external funding.
- Interdisciplinary Project. Grants of up to $10,000 each may be awarded each year to a faculty or academic staff team to conduct teaching, research, or community outreach work across departmental lines. Funds can support travel or honoraria for consultants, research assistants, special library or project resources, or project expenses, excluding faculty salaries.
Faculty members are also encouraged to explore professional, academic, and research exchange opportunities available from external funding organizations. Potential funding agencies might include:
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES): http://www.cies.org/cies.htm
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID): http://www.usaid.gov
- U.S. Department of State (USDS): http://www.state.gov
- Fulbright Scholar Program: http://www.cies.org/us_scholars/
The International Programming Grant (IPG)
Beginning in the spring semester of 2012, the IUPUI Office of International Affairs has made funding available to support and promote international activity by IUPUI student groups. Funding awards are up to $500.
There will be two opportunities to apply for the grant throughout the academic year. The deadlines for 2012 are January 27 and October 8.
Learn more about IPG
Study Abroad Scholarships
IUPUI students interested in studying abroad should check out scholarship opportunities at http://abroad.iupui.edu/scholarships/.