Several internal grants are available on a competitive basis. IUPUI funding opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Faculty & Staff Undergraduate Recruitment Travel Grant: Grants of up to $1,000 each may be awarded to a faculty or academic staff member to support school-approved international undergraduate student recruitment efforts. Faculty/staff may apply for funding to engage in the recruitment of undergraduate degree-seeking students in target regions. For further details and proposal guidelines, contact Sarah Wann, Assistant Director, International Admissions.
- International Development Fund: up to $15,000 is available for development of projects/initiatives in international areas. Ideally, the IDF grant serves as venture capital to stimulate additional funding for international activities from extramural sources, which provide indirect costs. http://research.iupui.edu/funding/
IU funding programs coordinated by the Office of the Vice President for International Affairs include:
- Exchange Program Opportunities with International Partners
- Gateway–India Seed Grants
- International Short-term Visitors Grants
- Language Learning Grants
- Overseas Conference Grants
- Overseas Study Program Development Grants
Faculty members are also encouraged to explore professional, academic, and research exchange opportunities available from external funding organizations. Potential funding agencies might include:
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES): http://www.cies.org/cies.htm
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID): http://www.usaid.gov
- U.S. Department of State (USDS): http://www.state.gov
- Fulbright Scholar Program: http://www.cies.org/us_scholars/
Learn about IUPUI Fulbright Faculty Scholars here.The Office of Sponsored Research Services can also assist faculty members and departments with their search for funding. Information on the resources of this office can be found at: http://www.research.indiana.edu/.
The International Programming Grant (IPG)
The IUPUI Office of International Affairs supports and promotes international activity by IUPUI student groups through the International Programming Grant. Funding awards are up to $500. Learn more about IPG.
Study Abroad Scholarships
IUPUI students interested in studying abroad should check out scholarship opportunities at http://abroad.iupui.edu/scholarships/.